Projection

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Apr 2 16:34:29 GMT 1998

From: Mike Jones <rmjones at cyberhighway.net>
To: 'diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu' <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: RE: Projection
>Andy,
>Can the 4Di be used without the O2 sensor?  (I realize tuning becomes more
>critical.)  Due to water-cooled exhaust system my marine application makes
>implementation of an O2 sensor difficult.  (One possibility I thought of is
to tap into the currently blanked-off EGR port and run a seperate mini
exhaust, but this raises questions of its own, such as how much flow would
be required to give accurate feedback, where to discharge this exhaust, etc.
So for now no O2 sensor is my goal.)
>Holley is advertising a marine 4Di which should go on sale in a couple of
>months.  I've spoke with Holley tech twice.  One rep said that the marine
>4Di must use the O2 sensor and the other one said that it wasn't necessary.
> Sadly typical for Holley.
>Thanks,
>Mike Jones

Why not run a heated O2 sensor?.  Just takes 12V, or are there
other considerations?.

Bruce