PROM holders

Kevin Vannorsdel kv at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 2 18:07:17 GMT 1998

Awhile back someone suggested that I install a ZIF socket in my C3 inplace of
the goofy GM socket that requires those holders.  I did and boy am I glad...
Those holders are nothing but a pain IMHO.

It might be worth your while, if ya haven't allready, to think about spending
the 11 bucks and time  for a ZIF socket and be done with the holders once and
for all...

Also-  You CAN plug into the GM socket without the holder... just stick your
EPROM in a normal machined pin IC socket and then gently snap the assembly into
the GM holder.   Must have done 30 or 40 insertions this way with no
significant problems.

Just my .02

  Kevin Vannorsdel     IBM Arm Electronics Development
    408-256-6492                Tie 276-6492     kv at us.ibm.com

owner-diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu on 04/02/98 10:03:02 AM
Please respond to diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu