Marine FI was RE: Projection

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Sat Apr 4 00:05:01 GMT 1998

Shannen Durphey wrote:
> Don't know how big the lakes
> are where you are, but we can and have been a long way from
> shore and people when the boat broke down.  Not fun.

A simple carburetor and point ignition is not foolproof either - as I
found out about 3 miles out from Murray Harbour PEI one warm summer day
in 1973 - and again on the Chobe river in Botswana southern Africa about
a year later. Got to the point I didn't want to be in a boat more than
jumping distance from shore. One reason I'm not too thrilled about 2
strokers in aircraft - I can swim a bit, but my arms get tired when I
try to fly!!
I know you guys are talking 4 stroke, automotive derived marine engines,
but the point still holds. In many cases I'd rather trust electronics -
a ludite I am not.

--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!