HEI timing jump

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Sat Apr 4 00:20:20 GMT 1998

Matt Beaubien wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There was some discussion a little while ago about how certain HEI modules
> will suddenly advance the timing when not connected to the ECM. I would like
> to use a couple of these on a motorcycle engine that has a missing timing
> box. It has two Hall-effect  pickups and a coil pack. I could just use a
> standard module but the thing would be hard to start with the proper amount
> of advance.
>
> My question is what module do I need exactly? A couple were mentioned but
> I'm not sure which I need. Also, how does it get wired?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Matt Beaubien
> mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
> 3 x 510's
> 1 x 300ZXT
> 1 x Civic 1200
>From what I figured out, will not give you advance with hall sensors as
they are strictly a switch. The advance appears to be a result of the
"trigger voltage" being reached more quickly at higher rotational
speeds.
Sorry the news is not better.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!