HEI timing jump

bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com bamcknig at postoffice.syspac.com
Sat Apr 4 03:48:18 GMT 1998

The last I remember, i was going to the library and gar thought he
might round up some info.  I still haven't been to the library.

I think that we determined that the 4 terminal was strictly a switch.
Also that there was probably about8 deg advance because of the way
the reluctor built its magnetic field as the speed of the distributor
increased.  No help to you with a crank- hall timing.
There are other modules.  5pin for sure and I think a seven pin.
The question is: Is there a control signal(that could be hacked)
causing the change in timing, or is the change in timing coming from
the computer.  I lean towards an intelligent module that can be
hacked.  Some place I got the notion that extra pin(s) receiaved a
signal derived from the knock sensor that changed the timeing.  The
vacuum advance and mechanical advance were of course still in the
loop.  Wheteher the signal was a short, open, change in resistance or
voltage, I have no idea.  And remember, at this point in time I am
just rcollecting.  The SHADOW knows| | and so doesGM.

Bob McKnight
Phx AZ