Removing Electronic Parts

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Apr 6 18:03:19 GMT 1998

>I suppose the hot air gun on high would deal with the surface mount...
>of course, it may be difficult finding the little Rs and Cs after they get
>blown across the room!

Could be.  That's one method I haven't tried yet.  Though a shopvac with a
mesh screen (window screen) over the end certainly is one way of catching
them.

>all the circuitry.  Applying the wire snips would make short work of most

Put the board edge into your vice, and use a good quality serraded bread
knive, cut everything off in one shot.  Watch your fingers.  I've done this
one successfully.  I knew Ginsu Knives would come in useful.

And no, don't use a BBQ (that was to you Sandy <G>)

>of it!  It certainly worked for the pressure sensor when I upgraded from
>the stock 2.0 bar to a motorola 2.5 bar.

Good Orin, very good :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-