HEI timing jump

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Tue Apr 7 03:20:17 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> From: Clare Snyder <snyder at huron.net>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> dzorde wrote:
> >> Use a signal amp with voltage controlled gain, a F-V converted will give
> you
> >> the increasing voltage as your rpm's increase, which in turn will bump
> the
> >> gain on your amp.  A neat little all hardware method.
> >> Dan     dzorde at geocities.com
> >Still won't work. It is not the absolute voltage that mnatters. Digital
> >at ANY voltage will not produce the advance. It is the RATE OF RIZE of
> >the voltage that is critical. The ignitor triggers at a particular
> >voltage. This voltage is reached ealier or later depending onspeed due
> >to the distictive qualities of an inductive pickup. Don't matter what
> >you do to a switch, and a HALL device is just a switch, you will not
> >duplicate the "built in advance" of a magnetic pickup with a hall on an
> >HEI module. Forget trying - it will not happen.
> >         Alls well that ends well!! www.snyder.on.ca is back
> >                  E-Mail service is back to normal
>                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
>
> How about flipping from a rising to a falling signal trigger, no ramping
> just all or nothing.
> Bruce

How? The module only works one way - it fires on the way up. The only
thing that will affect timing is the ramp, or rate of rise. Sorry.
--
                               _/\_
         Alls well that ends well!! www.snyder.on.ca is back
                  E-Mail service is back to normal
                  To avoid bouncing E-Mail messages
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!