Question on header coating?

Bernie Jacobsen bcjac at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 7 17:05:16 GMT 1998

Ceramic coating for headers:

Most coatings I have looked in to use proprietary names.

 Micro Coat uses 'Cermakrome' or 'TRR' ceramic coatings, some are good to
2000 degF
They are coating my BIG headers for $170.00 + $7.50 hazmat
http://www.wco.com/~sc7500/people.html

Jet Hot  uses their name (JETHOT 1300, JETHOT 2000) for their coatings
WWW.JET-HOT.COM
For my headers they wanted $395.00 to coat them with 2000 deg F ceramic. A
little rich for my blood!

There is also HTC
Web Page??

Also, the material is important, but the even application will keep it in
place.  JETHOT and MicroCoat use 'flowcoat' for the ID to get it uniform.
How uniform is it? I have no idea, but I know it's better than I could do.

There is also 'apply it yourself' stuff available from Summit and Jegs, Both
have web sites.

I'm no expert, but I just went through it with my headers.
Hope this helps,

^Bernie