DFI open/closed loop problems

Robert Wilkinson rw at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 7 17:53:47 GMT 1998

> idles around 875-900, though). The high limit is at 2000 rpms. From what
> I have it set at, the DFI will go to open loop below 750, above 2000,
> above 70% TPS, or below 120 degrees coolant (yes, it is F). Problem is

I think you may misunderstand what the high limit does (I did when I was
setting mine up).  It is the rpm at which the engine must be *above* in
order to go into *open* loop.  If the engine rpm is between the low and
high cl rpm limits, and the ecu is configured for closed loop operation,
and the temperature is abovce the limit, then you *are* in *closed*
loop.  (closed loop can be identified by a toggling a/f bar, assuming your
predefined pulsewidths are close enough for the o2 to correct).

'86 Z28 350 DFI Richmond 6-speed
Robert Wilkinson
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~rw