winmail.dat files

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Apr 16 12:23:01 GMT 1998

>>Attachment Converted: C:\PROGRA~1\EUDORA\INFILES\WINMAIL.DAT

Not to start a flame war, large discussion, or distract the list... however
I think a lot of us would appreciate those of you running MS-Mail,
MS-Outlook, or MS-Express if you could kindly turn off "Rich text format",
"Mime", "Text Formatting" and other options that don't yield pure ascii to
the DIYEFI list.

In the MS products, you create an address book entry, and call it something
like "DIYEFI" or whatever you prefer.  Then for that address entry, you can
turn all this "stuff" off, and send pure ascii.  Whether you use the
address book entry or not to send messages, MS products check the address
book for the same internet address, and uses the same settings, so its no
additional work on your part, other than to set it up.

We appreciate it :)

I bitched because I just wiped out approximately 75 megs of winmail.dat
files, sequentually numbered :(

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-