J-bodies and MAP vs MAF

lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov lkurek at smtpgate.anl.gov
Fri Apr 17 17:04:07 GMT 1998

     Whoa...time out on this.

     Like I said, I had an 89 Z24, and it didn't have VATS and it was a MAP
     only system. However, I just swapped an 89 Camaro 2.8 into my S10, and
     not only did it NOT have DIS or VATS, it also has a MAF sensor. Funny
     thing is, the MAF isn't a hotwire type...it has what looks like a
     thermistor or something in the airstream, and the circuit board is
     internally mounted, also in the airstream.

     FYI, it kind of ticked me off to find the Camaro motor still had HEI
     and a MAF. After the Z24, I came to realize the joys of DIS!!!

     TTYL!

     Larry Kurek