J-bodies and MAP vs MAF

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Apr 18 01:30:50 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Clare Snyder <snyder at huron.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, April 17, 1998 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: J-bodies and MAP vs MAF

>TBK wrote:
>> Mass systems had map too. Therefore on the Mass needs to be added. The
EGR
>> (digital or linear) may be different. HEI or DIS is slightly different.

>> Subject: J-bodies and MAP vs MAF

.  According to the schematics I've seen, some are MAF and
 some are MAP based on different years and\or models.  The manuals I have
only go up to '90, however.
>> > Does anyone know if any J-bodies are MAP based, and what years or
models?
>> >Adam
>> >
>There were so many problems with the MASS sensors that GM developed the
>speed-density prom rather than replace the mass sensors. Many vehicles
>with the mass installed don't use it at all. Eventually they stopped
>installing it.
>--
You wouldn't happen to have a TSB number on when they were doing this would
you?.  Or a part no for the wire update/prom part no.
would you?.
TIA
Bruce