Return of the diy_EGOmeter (YES, it's finally ALIVE!!)

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Sat Apr 18 02:50:39 GMT 1998

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998 00:14:34 +0100, Gus Cameron <gus at bracken.co.uk>
wrote:

>I'm a Scot actually Jimmie, and a biker to boot, but I'll see what I can dig up.
>The Imprezza is over here, Colin McRay (another Scot) won the World Rally
>Championship in it I think (remember, I'm a bike boy) but WRX? I'll have to
>ask.
>I could even get the manual and send it out. Would a Hanes manual be good
>enough or is it the full Monty or nothing?
>Toodle-pip old chum,
>gus ;-)

Beg'in yer pardon, Scotty. There's a fine tradition there, alright.
Shoulda know from that old Scot name Cameron. Sheesh, how coulda miss
that? But I looked at the .uk on your address and presumed d'plume. Oh
well, the brain falls mainly on the plane.

Anyhoo, I don't mean to be ungrateful, but I really do NEED the actual
Subaru official manual (the engine section is refered to as section 2),
so getting the Subaru part no. for it would earn you a place in our
family album, and if you were to ever be able to get the actual thing
itself (at my cost & post, of course, amount immaterial), well I think I
might just remember you in my WILL! Fact I definitely would!

This may be a difficult quest, so I'm makin no assumptions on what's
possible, and ANY info crumbs along the way will be received with
profuse gratitude.

Gar

P.S. Don't be thrown off by my guess at the WRX. I'm interested in BOTH
the normally aspirated and turbo'd info on the engine, but for me,
primarily the NA engine, anyway. Others in the group need the turbo
info.