GM Speed Density for 2.8L W engine

David Garnier garnierd at csd.uwm.edu
Sat Apr 18 15:43:18 GMT 1998

Bruce

I am a newbee to here but maybe I can contribute something to the
group. I own a 86 cebebrity eurosport with 2.8L W engine with the
speed density update, maybe I can help here.

The speed density tag on the front passenger shock tower is 10154721.
I think that is the service bulletin number because it is also
on the ecm's metal prom cover.  The remanufactured ECM number is:
16196344. On the memcal socket-base there is stamped: 86767 with
9030 maybe being the date code.  The prom label reads: ASMZ 0742
and there is a thick film ceramic hybrid next to it (the corner
which overhags the eprom) with a number of: 5A0213.  Both of these
device are solder into the memcal socket (%^&*)!  Any ideas why
there is this hybrid?  There is a GM publication for this update
and it is listed under the Celebrity section of Helm's publications
called: "87-88 driveability and emissions manual section 6E" the
pub number of: "ST 399-87/88SD." I think the value of this pub
is limited but all of the GM's ECM trouble shooting and circuity
is in one small book.

I am trying to dump this eprom, but I have been busy lately.
I built a wire wrap socket extension so that I won't have to
lift the eprom out and possible crack the ceramic hybrid which
overhangs one end; the bastards have soldered these devices onto
the memcal socket!  Work's dataio is too damn smart for itself
because it wants the exact device number before one can examine
it. I understand that there is a selection to disable the prom ID
checking but I have been to busy to check.  If you or anyone else
is interested, I will send you the prom file when I finally dump it.

dave garnier
--

Dave Garnier                    Nobody told me that there would be days

University Wisc-Milwaukee       like these, strange days indeed, most

h 414-429-3536                  perculiar mama!         - John Lennon -

w     647-4286

ars  wb9own 44.92.1.8

http://www.uwm.edu/~garnierd