GM Speed Density for 2.8L W engine

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Apr 18 19:42:17 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: David Garnier <garnierd at csd.uwm.edu>
To: diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at esl.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Cc: garnierd at batch3.csd.uwm.edu <garnierd at batch3.csd.uwm.edu>;
nacelp at bright.net <nacelp at bright.net>
Date: Saturday, April 18, 1998 12:15 PM
Subject: GM Speed Density for 2.8L W engine

>Bruce
>
>I am a newbee to here but maybe I can contribute something to the
>group. I own a 86 cebebrity eurosport with 2.8L W engine with the
>speed density update, maybe I can help here.
>
>The speed density tag on the front passenger shock tower is 10154721.
 The remanufactured ECM number is: 16196344. The prom label reads: ASMZ 0742
Any ideas why
>there is this hybrid?
>I am trying to dump this eprom, but I have been busy lately.
>I built a wire wrap socket extension so that I won't have to
>lift the eprom out and possible crack the ceramic hybrid which
>overhangs one end; the bastards have soldered these devices onto
>the memcal socket!  Work's dataio is too damn smart for itself
>because it wants the exact device number before one can examine
>it. I understand that there is a selection to disable the prom ID
>checking but I have been to busy to check.  If you or anyone else
>is interested, I will send you the prom file when I finally dump it.
>
>dave garnier
>--
That is interesting, I show that as having a 1227302 originally, and
that's a C-3, with two ecm connectors.  Yet you say the replacement
has a memcal.  Sounds like maybe a version of a 165?.  Does that
make sense to anyone?..  Ya I'd like to see a bin. on that.
Cheers
Bruce