Sv: Intel B57684 EPROM

Jens Jørgen Larsen jjl at post7.tele.dk
Tue Apr 21 21:02:57 GMT 1998

Hello Steve.

Are you sure about the B... number ? I have some Intel proms which are
labeled
B57604;  yes,  there is a slash through the zero, but it is still a zero.
If the number is B57604 then the prom is a 27256.
The way I find out was to read the Silicon Signature ( a electronic ID code
inside
the device). This can be done with a programmer (not all programmers can do
it), I use a Dataman S4.
The readout from S4 is:         Silicon Signature
                                           Signature: 8904

                                           Intel 27256
                                           12.75V Burn pin. 1
                                           100uS No overprog.