Modified Fuel Injection

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Apr 22 20:24:48 GMT 1998

>Hartman... ISBN number is 0-87938-743-2 and it lists for 19.95. Very
>valuable resource for the begenning DIY-EFI'r...

Yes, that's the book I was speaking of.  Its an excellent resource!

>Another ECM you could use is the 86-9 GM 148 with a MAF, and either put
>in 2 MAF's, or resize the original, or purchase a larger MAF from Bosch

This is the setup I'm working with, because the ECM came with the donor
vehicle for my mid-engined sports car.  I haven't decided whether to put
the existing, working MAF inside a larger tube, or to run two of them in
parallel, and take data from one or the other alternatively, with a
crossover tube between them ensuring they are balanced if one of the
turbo's stop spinning (for some strange reason).

I have to say that book helped out a lot, as did everyone on this list.
Originally, I had a misconception I could get away with doubling the output
of the injectors by replacing them and increasing the fuel pressure, then
doubling the airflow.

*bbbbbbzzzzzzzzzz*.

:)

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-