F vs Voltage MAF (GM)

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Apr 23 15:22:18 GMT 1998

While some of it's dated I can't find anything saying that GM
used anything other than a Frequency MAF.  If and please
excuse ahead of time for the wrong EE terms, but if you
measure the MAF output with a DVM, wouldn't you read
a voltage (rms?)?.  But, if you hook it up to a sillyscope
then you would see the frequency output?.
  And someone correct me if I'm wrong here too, but
aren't all the GM MAPs a straight Voltage output..  Flucuating
but again to see clearly you would need a scope....
  Both would be on a running engine to get the right
pattern, cause of intake pulsations,
Bruce    In the spirit of spring, be sure to have a least
              one florial pattern Cone Shape Hat at the
              ready..