GM 2.8 V6 vs 2.0 4 banger,witch one is more reliable ??

Alain Toussaint alaint at boisfrancs.qc.ca
Fri Apr 24 05:39:42 GMT 1998

> I've had others say that, but synth oil and regular changes. And yes, they
> were abused (X-11)

a car made to be abused in fact (i did read the entire page,36 pages in
fact).

> yep, same block in that era. Different crank and pistons though. PFI on the
> 3.8L. 130HP vs 110HP for the 3.0L.

i'll know witch motor to put in if the 3.0 fail.

> >p.s.is the stock suspension be able to cope with 80 MPH on the highway
> >(read,if the suspension is in relatively good shape).
> >
> Sure, just don't turn.

and about changing lane (sometime,whe have to change lane fast) or i'm
better putting an upgraded suspension (something between the stock one and
an X11 suspension) ??

> I had a 1984 Olds Ciera ES with a 3.0L V6 and 2.53 gears. 105MPH wide open
> at 3500 RPM. Got about 22 MPG at that speed. F41 suspension. Handled pretty
> dang good for the most part. Could easily out run a Festiva. Not much else.

22 MPG ???? at 105 MPH,whe did worse one time with a taurus 3 liter (MPFI)
going about 95 MPH (from sherbrooke to magog,about 15 to 20 minutes at
that speed if my memory is exact).