Felpro EFI q's

Matt Beaubien mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 24 06:25:44 GMT 1998

Orin,

> > A friend of mine is into turbo Audi's of all sorts, and he would like to
> > know if the new Felpro EFI system can accomodate 5 cylinders. Is there a
> > contact number at Felpro for additonal information?
>
> For what particular car?  Is he intending to replace a CIS system?

He got a 5 cylinder from a Vanagon and was planning on putting on a 4 valve
head, although he may have abandoned that idea in favour of a 2 valver.  It
has a Garrett T3/T4 turbo and a large intercooler. It's going into a coupe
quattro FWIW.

> > Also, he's looking at buying an S4 engine which does not have a distributor.
> > What are his options as far as aftermarket systems go (aside from
> > Electamotive...)? Apparantly, installing the stock S4 harness is _very_
> > involved, not to mention the performance limitations of a stock ECM.
>
> I think he should talk to Ned Ritchie at Intended Acceleration about
> such 'limitations' (360) 754 1411.  In general, there is no need
> to replace the Audi ignition system... and it is more likely to be
> detrimental than to help.

Maybe you misunderstood me. He's looking at buying and engine without the
wiring harness and ECM. He is looking at using an aftermarket ECM. Because
the engine has no distributor in stock form, he needs a unit capable of
distributorless ignition. This is a separate project from the one listed
above.

What sort of involvement do you have with Audi's? If I remember right, you
are making a data logger, correct?

TTYL,

Matt Beaubien
mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca