Supercharged Lincoln Continentals

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Apr 24 13:37:28 GMT 1998

>Just finished head gaskets in 88 Taurus w/3.8l.  Not fun.
>Very very not fun.

I believe that... I pulled my engine out twice, first to have it balanced &
blueprinted... wasn't fun, and the second time to take the oil pan off and
replace the oil pickup, I chose to pull it so the engine could be turned
upside down.  My Lincoln "lowers" itself when you shut it off, therefore
getting ramps underneath it can be a pain sometimes, in my lovely
overly-pot-holed driveway.

What mileage did your gaskets pop if I might ask?  I have 80K on my engine,
which is running very strong, but I'm thinking its time to do a timing
chain, water pump, head gasket replacement, and take a look inside to see
how good/bad it is.

I also definately have to replace the back motor mount.  Again.  I think
I'm going to make or have made a solid back motor mount.  I lose one or two
a year.

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

Homebrew Automotive Website:
http://www.xephic.dynip.com/

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HMMWV
2000 Buick-Powered Mid-Engined Sports Car

-