Supercharged Lincoln Continentals

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Fri Apr 24 13:45:59 GMT 1998

Dave Williams wrote:

> -> the 3.8 is a 302 with 2 cyl chopped off
>
>  No, the 3.8 is unique and has no parts (other than wristpins and
> lifters) interchangeable with any other motor.

Regardless if the parts fit or not, the 3.8 is, in effect, 2/3 of a 5
litre v8 - optimized for production (in other words, you CAN NOT use off
the shelf parts for a new engine).Unlike GM in years past, you cannot
pull a ford 4, 6, or 8 cyl engine and replace it with one of the others
without changing a lot. GM inline 6, V6, V8 small block, big block, and
iron duke 4 all interchanged. Pontiac/Buick would fit Chev/Olds if you
changed tranny with engine (different bolt pattern). Try that with
Fomoco or Mopar.
--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!