Holden Commodore, Insurance, Aerodynamics.

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Wed Apr 29 09:11:33 GMT 1998

I like the idea of the extra power from the V8, but are you SURE that the
VN/VP V8s will drop straight in??? I don't want the bother of stuffing
around with crossmember modifications, and the like. This is my one and only
car, and I can't afford to have it off the road for too long (putting in a
VK EFI would have it off the road for long enough, as it is...). In any
case, what sort of mileage might I get with the 5.0, and a 5 speed box?

I assume that by a "red motor head" you mean the head from a VB, or earlier,
and not the red head from an EFI Black motor??? Is your red motor converted
for ULP??? And please don't tell me to get a 3.0L VL motor... Firstly,
they're the noisiest brutes I've come across, and secondly, I have heard
nasty things about having to do all sorts of crossmember mods (otherwise, I
would go for the VL over the VK any day...).

How can I get into contact with Shannons??? I live in Hobart, is there an
office down here?

Thanks for the advice...

Danny Barrett.