Black Oak

Angel Gomez angel at lucent.com
Wed Apr 29 13:31:29 GMT 1998

The latest EE times calls this the MPC555 which has a PowerPC core,
448K of Flash, 26K SRAM, Two UARTS, Two Queued Analog to Digital Converters, A
multichannle serial module, Ignition, Injection, and Transmission control
modules. Two CAN bus controllers too.
I suspect the latter functions are just different micro-code in the
RISC co-processor. Temp range of -40 to +125 C.

Its on page 49 of the April 27th issue. Looks like a real winner in the
automotive controller race. The PowerPC allows high level programming and
20MIPS, while the RISC does all the real-time work. It might be possible to
build a whole control module with this one chip, and driver transistors alone.

Hope this helps,

Angel