Holden Commodore, Aerodynamics. AND NOW: WATER INJECTION...

Danny Barrett danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Thu Apr 30 15:09:16 GMT 1998

I have to admit that I expected a few "shots." Mind you - it was only an
experiment - the stuff definitely isn't there now!!! I didn't put it where
the exhaust is (i didn't want it to melt and catch fire). Wouldn't the
Polyprop sheet melt/catch on fire from the heat of the exhaust? Perhaps not
(???) but I would prefer to be on the safe side of things (even if I did put
duct tape under there)... So you weren't being "funny" with the 1/8"?!?!?!
Somehow I don't think my car could get that low... But I'm told that about
2" is quite normal for this type of vehicle... As for the gutter, I think it
is screwed on with my car :) but I would have to check to make sure. Either
way, it isn't welded on, as it is chromed (unlike the rest of the car). So
at worst, it is onlt riveted on (I know for a fact that the gutter is EITHER
screwed on, OR riveted on, but from memory, I think it is screwed on).
Thanks for the tips. I'll see what happens.

Danny Barrett.