Holden Commodore, Aerodynamics. AND NOW: WATER INJECTION...

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Apr 30 22:09:43 GMT 1998

From: Danny Barrett <danny_tb at postoffice.utas.edu.au>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: RE: Holden Commodore, Aerodynamics. AND NOW: WATER INJECTION...

>I hope you didn't bite while you were writing this... Your tongue was
>obviously firmly planted in your cheek. As for what it has to do with
>injection... Nothing, except for the original email message (this is about
>fifth or sixth generation reply, and the stuff about EFI have gradually
been removed as

>build a simple "home made" water injection system, and how much water
should
>I use? Can I simply splice another injector into an injector control line
>(in parallel), and use another fuel pump to pressurise the water?
>
>Danny Barrett.

I beleive Sir Harry Ricard used 30-50% of fuel volume as a norm.
(this figure may have been primarily for turbo/supercharged appl).
Lots of folks have used a windshield washer tank/motor as a
dispenser (use a check valve so low manifold vacuum doesn't
draw it out).  Also anything more than just enough to get rid of the
detonation is a waste of fluid.  No real gains past that.  Might
be more info in archives, about this.  ie injector types methods.
Cheers
Bruce