Sun 1215 engine analyzer.

Dave J. Andruczyk dave at scarlet.buffalostate.edu
Thu Apr 30 23:36:26 GMT 1998

> I have been given a Sun 1215 engine analyzer from what I can gather it is
> mainly for ignition analysis but it all so has a gas sniffer, HO's CO's I think.
> Anyway the guy who gave it to me had US$1250 of work done on it and it was
> running great for a couple of months, then it didn't, the tech guy told him
> memory card had died. The guy who owned it is off overseas and was going to
> dump it if I didn't want it.
> Can anyone help me out with info on this beast as I'd like to get it up and
> running again.

I worked on an older SUN analyzer, that had an igntion scope ( 8 channel)
with the diagnostic computer  that tested the igntion and charging
systems, and it also had a CO analyzer ( that didn't work cause all the
hoses fell apart..)  I donno the model num off hand but the prob with our
machine was a blow rectifier in the power supply. (the scope had worked
but the computer was down until i replaced it witha readio shack 35 amp
bridge..

email me back direct if you need more info/help..
dave at scarlet.buffalostate.edu