Open loop at WOT???

Mark Romans romans at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 4 03:55:17 GMT 1998

I understand the "Learning" that the ecm does in closed loop is applied to
WOT values as well.  If it is necc to add fuel to get 14.7 afr in closed
loop it adds the same amount of fuel in WOT.  In wot it just goes to a
commanded AFR that is richer than 14.7-1.  My 87 vette stock commanded
11.97-1 at higher rpm's with the stock prom.  All fixed now though.  13.0 to
one commanded at higher r's,  12.5 at peak torque.  Pulls much better.  02
sensor says over 800mv at wot.
Mark