Widlerizing

Andrew W. Macfadyen am018 at post.almac.co.uk
Fri Aug 7 17:49:16 GMT 1998

I recently had a case in reverse, I built a 2 rail voltage regulator and
negative supply generator, it worked fine when I tested it on battery but when
I connected to a mains adapter I forgot to allow for the peak ripple  --- the
7660 negative supply generator chip literally blew up ! with one hell of a
crack.