Replaced Dist ign system with SDI system.......

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Mon Aug 10 03:26:03 GMT 1998

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Terry wrote:

> Roger Heflin wrote:
>
> > There were not numbers showing on the thing.  It is a crank trigger, with
> > a magnetic sensor.  The trigger has slots every 6 degrees, and it has a
> > area where there are no slots for 4-6 teeth.  You can see a picture of
> > the wheel in question at:  http://www.electromotive-inc.com/Camaro.htm
> > There is a picture of exactly the wheel I have in these directions.  This
> > is also the full directions for the installation of the part.
>
> Roger - does your tach seem to work correctly with the SDI unit
> in place?  The above URL mentions that a tach adapter might be
> necessary for correct operation....

You have not been reading.  No it does not work.  I did make it work, by
bypassing the tach filter on the car, but then the engine did not seem to
run good at all.  Even without the filter was bypassed the engine won't
idle (or stop/start) exactly right with their tach signal.   Right now the
car is running pretty reasonable, at idle it is running rich with less gas
than before, so something is different.

				Roger