Injector Driver Module

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Mon Aug 10 18:39:28 GMT 1998

One thing I forgot to mention is that when a power transistor is turned on
the voltage drop across the transistor is around
.7 to 1.5 volts. The  V drop *  current is the power dissipation. 1.5v*1 Amp
= 1.5 watts. Since the injector is typically 16 ohms most of the voltage
drop and dissipation is in the injector. 16 volts*1 amp = 16 watts. With a
low resistance injector the majority of power is still dissipated in the
injector and not the driver transistor.

Take care

Don