Injector Driver Module

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Mon Aug 10 22:23:33 GMT 1998

Orin,  According to  Haynes techbook, fuel injection 1986-1996 (10220) "The
duty cycle is the ratio of injector on- time to total on-and- off time. In
other words, it's a variable % of one complete injector operating cycle" .
2msec on 1msec off
Equals  3msec total injector time 2/3= 66% duty cycle.  At high RPM the
Pulse width (on time) will  be  say 10 to 20 msec then off about 5 msec  20
+5 = 25  complete cycle. 20 msec on time / 25 = 80% duty cycle . We need to
know what rpm and what pulse width the on-off times will be. I still believe
the switching transistors voltage drop (Vsat)  Frequency of operation  and
current through the transistor will give you the heat that needs to be heat
sinked.

Just my .02 cents

Don