Ignition Problem (sorta related)

Andrew W. Macfadyen am018 at post.almac.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 07:25:15 GMT 1998

Looks like a plug fouling problem ---  either incorrect plugs or broken piston
rings  could also be a plug lead problem but this is much  less likely.
Back in the  pre electronic igniton days you used to see devices advertised  as
spark boosters they were really just air gaps to raise the voltage produed by the
coil, I've seen hand made ones improvised at the road side as a get you home
measure out of a button. Some outboard motors still use plugs with built in gaps.