Supercharger info

Clare Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Tue Aug 11 13:14:11 GMT 1998

Dan Zorde wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Yes this is efi related, but before I can build the injection system (which by
> the way will be a simple 555 based system I hope) I need to pick everyones
> brains for info on the superchargers of the Toyota 4AGE engines.
>
> Does anyone have a boost Vs rpm curve for this beast ?  or at least a rough
> idea, so I know where to start with my fuel requirement calcs.
>
> This is going on a Fiat 850 sport (903cc engine), since I have no idea how many
> hp this combination will produce, how do you work the fuel calculations ?  The
> ones I've seen all require a knowledge of desired hp (well, I know what I
> desire but I can safely say that it will be unachievable).  So where do you
> begin when superchargers get involved ?
>
> rgds
>
> Dan     dzorde at soanar.com.au
>

>From what I understand you need to know the displacement of the
supercharger then design your drive to provide the proper ratio. Your
903cc engine is roughly 2/3 of the 4AGE's displacement of 1600 cc. This
means, with the stock drive ratio, the boost would be incredible.
I guess what I'm saying is I don't think the figures from the Toyota
will do you much good, directly.
--
                               _/\_

                       ISP trouble again!!!
                I am now clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
              Hopefully Snyder.on.ca will be back up soon

                           Clare Snyder
                         Waterloo, Ontario