programming 101 and checksum

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Aug 12 06:24:48 GMT 1998

Vance Rose <javer96 at snowcrest.net> wrote:

> >>Also,
> >>this location in 8747 ecm contains the value $4F.  Is it
> >>safe to assume this is checksum enable for this ecm?
>
>         If ya have time - just disassemble code. The checksum is usually early in
> program section. Being a novice it was one of my first finds for 165 ecm.

That'll be a bit difficult to do for the 1228747 - the EPROM doesn't
contain all the program code.  Specifically, the checksum code won't be
in the EPROM.

    CSH field operatives have discovered an allergy to sharp metal.
    Symptoms are similar to the broken glass allergy.
    Will ask HQ for cone shaped shin guards.