New EFI controller

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Wed Aug 12 15:02:56 GMT 1998

> Wait I'm getting too technical on the hardware,sorry let's brief it as this
> could go on for a while....
> -0-250 kpa map sensor temp compensated

would go higher than 250
some guys are already playing with boost levels in the 40-60 lb range
and they are sure to climb higher

> -10 high speed saturation drivers capable of sinking 3 amps for injectors,air
> bypass solenoid, trasmission shift,etc.(including diagnostic sense electronics
> detecting open, short, and over temp conditions)each channel is capable of
> driving 2 high impedance injectors at 80% virtually forever.

not enough
what if you want to do SEFI on a V 12 setup?

> -4 high speed high current drivers capable of sinking 6 amps necessary for
> driving low impedance injectors(including dianostic sense as above) Each
> channel is capable of driving a low impedance injector @ 80% virtually
> forever(how about those 120lb injectors for boost conditions???)
> -2 high speed drives with 4 outputs for controlling stepper motors
> -2 low speed saturation drivers for controlling incandescent lamps,relays,etc.
>
> Now onto the software side.....
>
> -4 different open loop fuel system architectures

would offer multiple open loop option
also would offer multiple closed loop option
ie. different programmes selected via switch or other parameter
specified by user (boost level, engine temp, fuel octane etc.)

individual cylinder EGO adaptation

> 5 different closed loop fuel system architectures.
>
> As for cost.......we don't know yet.....I'm sure it will depend on the
> hardware software requirements.

keep us informed

> As of now still debugging and encrypting(8 layers maybe more) software.(I'm
> sure it can be broken but it better be NASA)

not sure this is a good idea
may be better off to release the source and copyright the crap out of it
that way anyone can modify the setup to do what they need
and your unit will be come very popular because of this

> And now an example of what this controller can do.......
>
> 540 cu in BBC way too large of camshaft
what do you call way too large?
300^ and .700" on 106^ centre ?

> Screw type supercharger/intercooled. 8lbs boost
> 980 ft lbs torque @3600 rpm
> 770hp at 5200 rpm

impressive numbers
what is the CR ?
bore/stroke other details?

 92 octane Union 76 pump gas
ok so what about better gas, more boost, better timing,
etc. what can be expected 1000 HP at 6000 ?

> would pass emissions for the year 2000 from cold startup and of course once
> cat warmed.
> controller self calibrated in 10 start ups and run in vehicle(obviously this
> had 8 HEGO's and would only be for OEM's)
>
> Anyway if we are missing something that you guys have wanted to see in an
> aftermarket controller please mention it as we want to have the best system on
> the market bar none....Thanks for listening.

LED or LCD display of selectable parameters as a tuning aid,
including the ability to drive a warning system or a cutoff

also rev limiting in 2 or 3 stages

real time data link out for tuning and telemetry

Clive