New EFI controller

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Wed Aug 12 19:05:58 GMT 1998

Carl--

        As you know by now, lots more off list from me. But I couldn't
agree more with what the other guys are telling you on this point. It will
get hacked. Even if if better be NORAD! None of 'em can afford the good
hackers!

        Why bother trying to act like Steve Jobs??

        The limited, high dollar market approach will certainly continue to
pay your salary (and others), but will never get your outfit over the hump
in the price/unit curve, and certainly won't get you into the OEM game.
Been there, seen that played.

        My $.02 is that more units on the street would prod OEM's to want
your technology sooner--you just need to make it more attractive for them
to buy than to copy or procure a hacked version a year from now!

        OEM people do play dirty, but licensing and disclosure agreements
ARE VERY politically difficult for them to break.

                                        Regards, Greg

>As of now still debugging and encrypting(8 layers maybe more) software.(I'm
>sure it can be broken but it better be NASA)

..Thanks for listening.