Blankety blank blank.

Shannen Durphey Shannen at mcn.net
Thu Aug 13 03:49:04 GMT 1998

Well, since I've read that an ultra violet lamp can erase
eproms, I tried it.  Set a timer for 3 mins with my lamp on
the chip,checked it with the burner, not blank.  5 mins, 10
mins, 20 mins; not blank.  Got to "The heck with it" and
left it on for an hour (with six chips under it), still not
blank.  What gives?

Lamp reads "UV-A Ultra Violet" and "BLE-270W". Wrong
frequency?  Knowing how well my CSH fits, I made sure to
take the stickers off the little window.  Left one in the
sunlight for a (long) while, and it was blank when I
checked.

Yes, I know this is crude.  Yes, I know an eraser is the
proper way.  Yes I'm going to buy one.  In the mean time,
why won't these chips erase?

Shannen