Piggy back injector idea

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Aug 13 03:50:12 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Boucher <jboucher at ctelcom.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 1998 11:34 PM
Subject: Piggy back injector idea

>Stop me if you've heard this one.
>
>Most of the piggy back ideas I think I've understood centered around
>turning on an extra injector at a high power setting and ramping up the
>extra injector after the primary system has hit it's flow limit.

<snip>

>I realize one of the drawbacks is the drastic and sudden steps.  Also each
>add-on circuit would be different because of the analog nature of the
>circuit requiring each setup to be individually tuned. But then we have

<snip>

>The advantage of being able to use the cracked open code of an oem computer
>appeals to me to override the potential crudeness of the analog circuit.
>Plus, if the injectors were mounted way up stream just behind the throttle
>then maybe some of the benefit the F1 teams see from this configuration
>would be seen.

One other thought might be just bringing a second ecm on line for the aux
fuel contol.  Can't beat the oem reliability, while $50 is more than
a 555 it includes an excellent AL box..  Course ya might need to bench
things out to see some of how it works.  ie turn the injectors on
real slow just to purge the air outta the system,  then katie bar the
doors........  Would have the luxury of coolant temp, and MAT compensation,
also.  Disable the codes, and ignore the timing stuff
Cheers
Bruce