Contactless distributor trigger?

Graham, Peter Peter.Graham at dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu Aug 13 06:58:15 GMT 1998

	Hi Mike

	The programmable ignition system can be connected to the HEI kit
also from Jaycar, there are details in the PEI article on how to do
this.

	If you can get a Bosch distributor there may already be a vane
and sensor pack that exists. If not there is a Siemens Hall Effect
sensor (HK101) available from Jaycar for about AU$ 20 that can be
mounted in the distributor, all that is needed is the vane/trigger disk.
If one already exists or one can be customised from another distributor
great, otherwise they can be made fairly easily by cutting the
appropriate slots into a flat disk. But make sure the distributor shaft
doesn't have too much side to side  movement otherwise the disk will hit
the sensor !

	The PEI needs to be driven by a 0V - +5V square wave.

	Peter G.