Re. Blankety blank blank.

Rich Mauruschat richm at sykes.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 08:01:22 GMT 1998

>Yes, I know this is crude.  Yes, I know an eraser is the
>proper way.  Yes I'm going to buy one.  In the mean time,
>why won't these chips erase?

>Shannen

Shannen,
>From my own experience, I think your right - it's a wavelength thing; not
any old UV will do to erase eproms. I once had a load of eproms to erase
(150!) and tried using a UV exposure box for PCB artwork to do them all at
once..... no amount of time in there seemed to have any effect. Ended up
doing them 6 at a time in a proper eraser, 10 minutes no problem. I'm not
sure of the details of the required wavelengths, anyone got anything to
offer on this one??

Rich.