Re. Blankety blank blank.

Wen Yen Chan chanwe at ecf.utoronto.ca
Fri Aug 14 11:20:44 GMT 1998

I have found that only the shorter wavelength UV lamps erase EPROMS. The
longer wavelength lamps just don't have enough energy per photon to kick
the electrons out of the floating gate. Generally the lamps stamped
"GERMICIDAL" work well (they have unfiltered quartz bulbs). Most EPROMS
I've played with erase within 3 min. when stuck against the bulb. Some of
my friends erase devices in seconds with UV curing lamps.

l8tr

Wen