IAC longevity problems

andy quaas realsquash at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 12:59:54 GMT 1998

I had a 4Di and the IAC went bad (created a hard staring cenario)
while i was in the backwoods of WI.  According to the holley manual,
it checked out OK.  About 1 week later, my ECU actually went up in
smoke.  Guess what went?  The IAC driver.  So i got a GM puter and
another IAC to use with my 4-bbl holley TBI.  Works great.  Are your
replacement parts black?  The new IAC that i got is larger in diameter
and a bit longer than the original one.

andy Q

---MJones <rmjones at cyberhighway.net> wrote:

> Hello, all:
>
> I have a Holley Projection 4D in a marine application which works
very well
> except for one bothersome problem:  I can't keep IAC motors alive
for more
> than a few hours.  The IAC used on the Projection is common to
Chrysler