Motor Swap Questions - Low EFI Content

Dupree, Robert A. rdupree at Sidley.com
Tue Aug 18 15:25:36 GMT 1998

Hi All !

	My weird-o LT-1 into Audi swap is moving forward again.  I have a
couple questions and I hope the minimal EFI content will be excused.

1)	I'll be hooking up the Painless Wiring harness here in a couple days
and I wanted to know what would happen if I didn't hook up a VSS.  The car
wil be using a 5-spd manual.  I know how to get an adapter, but I would like
to know if it's really needed.

2)	Can GM PCM modules be exposed to the elements inside the engine bay?

3)	Motor Mounts:  I am looking for a good motor mount setup that will
reduce some vibration.  The position of the engine limits me to look for a
mount that will only allow 0.5" of verticle movement at the mount point.
Anyone know of a rubber type or maybe even something like Delryn that I can
adapt to this project?

Bob Dupree
	LT-1Q