ECM Tolerances? EEPROM PCM in LT1

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Aug 20 18:53:05 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurek, Larry <LKurek at ocfexch2.ocf.anl.gov>
To: 'diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu' <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thursday, August 20, 1998 2:29 PM
Subject: RE: ECM Tolerances? EEPROM PCM in LT1

> Peter wrote:
> >Hi Larry
> >Not sure. Please take this with a grain of salt
> >1.      An 8051 PCM can have different cals.
> I know this...but we both have 94 LT1's with identical engines,
>and manual transmissions. The only difference is the PCM I borrowed is
>from a Pontiac and mine is a Chevrolet. Same part numbers though...

<snip>

 The Left and right O2's
>were actually fairly similiar at WOT, yet the pulse widths were
>different by a few .1 milliseconds.
> >later:peter
> <SNIP>
> Thanks!
> Larry

This is most interesting,  I've talked with a few other folk relative to
some forms of racing where things must be pure stock, and they
try an arm load of ecm's to get the most HP.    This is not just a
gm issue.   The folks I talked to didn't have the ability to measure
the PW, so this was an unknown, but to actually hear that there
is, is rather enlightening.
   Seems like another perfect bench ecm test.
Cheers
Bruce