ECM Tolerances? EEPROM PCM in LT1

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Aug 20 19:20:38 GMT 1998

Bruce,

I  am going to post to this list what I posted to the fourth-gen list for
larrys article.

The knock sensor filter is in the computer. (I think).   Maybe one of the
filters is broken and the other is working correctly?  There is generally
quite a bit of deviation in analog filter design, it is real hard to get
them exaclty the same, even with components with pretty good tolerances.
So both filters might be mostly working just working differently, and one
is filtering more of the "junk" (false knock) out.

In the <94 I believe the knock filter is in the Calpack.  At least that is
what something I read claims is the thing in the rest of the calpack.  So
it would be possible on a 93 to get different results by changing the chip
(and therefore the knock sensor filter) with exactly the same programming
in the chip.  I wonder if anyone adjusts these?

                        Roger