ECM Tolerances? EEPROM PCM in LT1

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Aug 20 20:16:41 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Heflin <rah at horizon.hit.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Thursday, August 20, 1998 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: ECM Tolerances? EEPROM PCM in LT1

>Bruce,
>I  am going to post to this list what I posted to the fourth-gen list for
>larrys article.
>The knock sensor filter is in the computer. (I think).
>So both filters might be mostly working just working differently, and one
is filtering more of the "junk" (false knock) out.

OK yes that makes sense, but how does it relate to the several
.1 ms injector pulse difference?.

>In the <94 I believe the knock filter is in the Calpack.  At least that is
>what something I read claims is the thing in the rest of the calpack.  So
>it would be possible on a 93 to get different results by changing the chip
>(and therefore the knock sensor filter) with exactly the same programming
>in the chip.  I wonder if anyone adjusts these?

I have used different esc modules in the past to accomplice this very thing.
So using different memcals, sounds doable,  have I done this
yet- no.

The esc (knock filter is actually two "chips" in the memcal).

Previous solution was using esc from a v-6, on a v-8, how that figures
on a memcal I don't know,  ANYONE???.
>                        Roger
Bruce