Mitsubishi thingy

Mike Morrin mikem at southern.co.nz
Mon Aug 24 01:39:06 GMT 1998

I was under the bonnet of my wife's 1995 Mitsubishi V3000, and was looking
at the plumbing, and I noticed a connector which was unplugged.  I plugged
it back in, but am curious as to what it does, at looks like it has been
disconnected for years.

Now, to describe it...  On the left hand end of the intake manifold is a
device which might be a length adjusting mechanism for the inlet tracts.
It looks like a motor and worm drive on to a shaft going through the
manifold.  There are two connectors to that unit, the smaller 2 pin
connector was the one floating.

Does anyone know these systems?  What are the effects of having this
connnector off?

regards,

Mike