fuel temperature and regulator

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Aug 25 03:38:02 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: andy quaas <realsquash at yahoo.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, August 24, 1998 11:23 PM
Subject: fuel temperature and regulator

>Can the temperature of gasoline affect the fuel pressure on a tbi
>system?  I have an in-tank pump (brand new).  I used to run 18 psi and
>the fuel pressure was stable in all weather.  Now, with the 7730 ECM i
>run 11 psi and it varies from 12 psi down to 10 (which makes a
>difference in performance).  I used to have an external electric fuel
>pump, and the pressure went from 14 psi down to 9.5 or so.  When its
>nice and cool outside (les than 65 degrees), its stable.  All filters
>are new and there are no leaks.  Could my pressure regulator (TBI
>mounted) be bad?  Should the temp. affect pressure?  Thanks in
>advance.

Is this regulator vacuum referenced?.  Something strange about the
varing pressures.  While I used a Mallory external, it was always
the same here in Ohio (Snowy winters-95+ summer days).

  Also, is there anybody actively playing with a 7730 ECM?

The prom your working on probably will read just right as a 1990
F-body automatic TPI.  May have switches flipped for flags etc.,
or if you got man trans etc..

I've got a 747/165/730 all mounted on the bench, just got lots of
detail work yet.  Please keep me/us informed about emulator choice.

>am about ready to purchase an eprom emulator and start on mine.
>
>Andy Quaas

Cheers
Bruce