GM 1.8L TBI EFI system ? does such a thing exist ?

Stowe, Ted-SEA StowT at PerkinsCoie.com
Tue Aug 25 03:41:45 GMT 1998

thanks, I am looking to build a tbi system for my 77 mgb, I thought it would
be easier with something like a GM 1.8 liter unit.

I guess I was looking for something in the junkyards here.

thanks for your help

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Lamb [mailto:lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au]
Sent: Monday, August 24, 1998 5:41 PM
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Re: GM 1.8L TBI EFI system ? does such a thing exist ?

>I am trying to find a species of car/engine model from GM that had a 4cyl
>1800 cc engine and a TBI EFI system. I've searched the web a good amount
and
>just haven't found anyone at an auto parts counter that isn't too busy,
>thought I'd throw the question out. Anyone know of such an animal ?

In Oz GMH made 1.8L Camira's using TBI (based on the 808 ECM, I think).
Also some Astra's which used the same engine.   What info are you after ??
I think I've got a couple of MemCals for these lying around at home
somewhere.

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089